It’s that time of year again. You know, when everyone in Minnesota heads to the state fair to push their way through the crowds to eat every greasy, unusual and delicious food they can find…on a stick. Word is, this first weekend is going to be sunny, hot and humid. Some of you may like that. To this fair-skinned red head, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. So, with that in mind, here are my Top 5 Co-op finds to get you through the State Fair:
- The staple in every fair-skinned girl’s handbag: Badger Sunscreen. Seriously, I don’t go anywhere without it. Paraben and chemical free–it’s one of the safest sunscreens out there and one of the 10 Best Sunscreens according to the Environmental Working Group.
- Did I mention it’s going to be hot and sticky? And there’s crowds of people? You’re going to need some heat relief and there is nothing better for than than a spritz of Veriditas Orange Blossom Hydrosol Toner. In addition to feeling completely refreshed and cool, it makes you feel fancy.
- It often happens. I lather myself in sunscreen in the morning only to forget to reapply later in the afternoon because I’m just having so much darn fun. Nothing heals a sunburn faster than rubbing coconut oil on it. Really, is there anything coconut oil can’t do?
- Before you overindulge in every food on a stick imaginable (come on, you know you will) take Digest Gold with Probiotics. The digestive enzymes will help break down all the heavy, greasy food and the probiotics will keep your digestive health in check.
- Just in case you forget the Digest Gold or you seriously over eat (no one is judging you, it’s only one time a year, right?!), stock up on the homeopathic remedy Nux Vomica. This stuff is great for the indigestion and heartburn state fair foods can lead to.
That’s it, I’m ready! Are you? Let’s go find some cream puffs or Pronto Pups and cheese curds or a bacon wrapped turkey leg…..