Become a Candidate
Join Our Lakewinds Board of Directors
Take another step as an owner of Lakewinds Food Co-op and submit your application for a position on our Board of Directors! The Board is elected by owners to serve as their representatives and ensure the co-op remains focused on our vision and mission. For the 2015/2016 Board year, three Board seats are up for election.
Board responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the co-op’s financial condition
- Connecting to our owners
- Shaping our co-op’s vision and working closely with our General Manager to set long-term strategies to attain this vision.
Board member qualifications include:
- Is a member-owner of the co-op in good standing
- Is not an employee of Lakewinds Food Co-op
- Is able to communicate in a focused manner and engage in strategic thinking
- Has prior experience making decisions in a group setting
- Is able to undertake fiduciary responsibility on behalf of the cooperative and its owners.
Ideal candidates share a passion for helping the co-op be successful. They have a clear understanding of what it means to participate on a policy board. They bring skill sets from a variety of businesses and other board or life experiences, combined with a strong desire to help the co-op continue to be a valuable community resource.
Directors are elected for a three-year term. Board meetings are held monthly, except in December. The average monthly commitment is 4-8 hours, depending on the committee and project workload. Directors receive a stipend and a discount on grocery purchases.
Download a Candidate Application
Completed applications are due by July 24, 2015. Candidate bios and a ballot will be made available to owners in September with newly elected directors announced at our annual owner meeting on October 15.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please email John DePaolis, Board President.